How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary? Where does the medicine in dispensaries come from?
The transfer and transport of usable marijuana from a licensed grower to licensed dispensaries, qualifying patients, or designated caregivers requires that rigid rules and regulations be followed. The licensed grower shall install an electronic manifest system in which an electronic manifest shall be created to record data and information for each shipment of products containing marijuana.
The actual transport of products containing marijuana must be performed by a secure transportation company or a shipping licensee. At least two transportation agents, who shall carry an identification approved by the Commission, shall accompany the shipment. While on duty, a transportation agent may not wear any clothing or symbols that may indicate ownership or possession of marijuana.
Medical marijuana supplies in dispensaries are supplied by licensed growers and qualifying patients or caregivers shall obtain medical marijuana from these dispensaries or from the satellite facility of the grower.
All FAQ’s from Dispensaries
- Are children allowed inside dispensaries?
- Do I have to register with the state to work at a dispensary?
- How much may a dispensary charge for medical marijuana?
- What information needs to be included on a label for usable marijuana products such as edibles, waxes, concentrates or other prepackaged products?
- What is a medical marijuana facility, a.k.a. a dispensary?
- What will I need in order to be dispensed medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Who can purchase or receive medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Will I be able to visit a dispensary immediately after visiting a clinic?
- Will on-site consumption of marijuana be allowed?